On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 17:34 -0500, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On 2009-01-22 2:24 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> > Subsequently once you have Ubuntu (or other Linux) installed, you could
> > install the proprietary Nvidia or FGLRX drivers so that you can get a
> > good resolution.
>
> Excellent point.  Somebody could do custom spin in Fedora-land with
> revisor,

Such as this?

http://www.mail-archive.com/fedora-announce-l...@redhat.com/msg01470.html

> or... heck, I can't remember the name of the other project that
> lets you make recipes for spins and can't find it at the moment,

Were you thinking of pungi? (its what the MythDora project uses to build
its customized installer isos and live images).

> but anyway you can make a bootable USB stick.

And as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, you can even make a usb stick
and add content to it after the fact, using remaining space on the stick
as persistent storage overlay.

--jarod