On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Jerry Feldman <g...@blu.org> wrote:
> The difference between the way I did it an your suggestion is I had
> missing before the /dev/sdc2.

  I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter.

  Going back to the OP:

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Jerry Feldman <g...@blu.org> wrote:
> [r...@gaf gaf]# pvcreate -v -f /dev/md1
>  /dev/md1: pe_align (128 sectors) must not be less than pe_align_offset

$ wget --quiet ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/lvm2/LVM2.2.02.61.tgz
$ tar -xzf LVM2.2.02.61.tgz
$ grep -lr "must not be less than" LVM2.2.02.61
$

  What OS/distribution, release, and LVM version are you running?

  Are you sure that you have that error message transcribed correctly?  :)

  Let's do the infodump drill.  Post the output of:

fdisk -l /dev/sda
cat /proc/partitions
mdadm --detail /dev/md0
mdadm --detail /dev/md1
mdadm --examine /dev/sda1
mdadm --examine /dev/sdc1
mdadm --examine /dev/sdc2
pvs
vgs
lvs

  If you prefer, you may want to use http://pastebin.com/ or similar
rather than dumping it all into an email.

  You may also want to explore the following commands:

lvmdiskscan
pvscan
pvck
vgck