Sure, I'll paste a full dump later on - not to the listserv.
I am running Fedora 12 with kernel 2.6.31.12-174.2.3.fc12.x86_64
Processor is an AMD Opteron Quad Core. 6GB memory.
LVM is lvm2-2.02.53-2.fc12.x86_64
The error message was copied and pasted:
[...@gaf ~]$ sudo pvcreate /dev/md1
  /dev/md1: pe_align (128 sectors) must not be less than pe_align_offset
(36028797018963967 sectors)
  /dev/md1: Format-specific setup of physical volume failed.
  Failed to setup physical volume "/dev/md1"

I've posted the details at: http://pastebin.com/4AtMzEjr

Note that my version of lvm2 is a bit behind the sources that you
reference.

Essentially, I back up my entire system using rsnapshot so I could
simply start from scratch and restore my backed up file systems and
allocate the raid1 volumes from scratch which is a backup plan, but I
would prefer not to do that and try to solve the problem.

On 03/03/2010 12:59 AM, Benjamin Scott wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Jerry Feldman <g...@blu.org> wrote:
>
>> The difference between the way I did it an your suggestion is I had
>> missing before the /dev/sdc2.
>>
>   I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter.
>
>   Going back to the OP:
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Jerry Feldman <g...@blu.org> wrote:
>
>> [r...@gaf gaf]# pvcreate -v -f /dev/md1
>>  /dev/md1: pe_align (128 sectors) must not be less than pe_align_offset
>>
> $ wget --quiet ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/lvm2/LVM2.2.02.61.tgz
> $ tar -xzf LVM2.2.02.61.tgz
> $ grep -lr "must not be less than" LVM2.2.02.61
> $
>
>   What OS/distribution, release, and LVM version are you running?
>
>   Are you sure that you have that error message transcribed correctly?  :)
>
>   Let's do the infodump drill.  Post the output of:
>
> fdisk -l /dev/sda
> cat /proc/partitions
> mdadm --detail /dev/md0
> mdadm --detail /dev/md1
> mdadm --examine /dev/sda1
> mdadm --examine /dev/sdc1
> mdadm --examine /dev/sdc2
> pvs
> vgs
> lvs
>
>   If you prefer, you may want to use http://pastebin.com/ or similar
> rather than dumping it all into an email.
>
>   You may also want to explore the following commands:
>
> lvmdiskscan
> pvscan
> pvck
> vgck