On Mar 14, 2008, at 10:07, Ben Scott wrote:

>   I've also been in recent contact with Carole Soule, who has
> generously offered to help us out, either by guiding us through the
> 501(c)(3) process or by having LNF (http://www.learningnet.org) be the
> umbrella organization for GNHLUG.

If it's not convenient or expedient for Carole to do it, SPI might be
another option - they exist to provide this kind of service to FLOSS
projects.

   http://www.spi-inc.org/about-spi/membership/guidelines.html

PostgreSQL took this approach so they could handle donations, and now
has enough money that they're spinning their own NPO out.  I think
this is the intended model from SPI and IRS perspectives.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/