At 10:08 PM 8/30/2000 -0400, Benjamin Scott wrote:

when i was in band and something was canceled instead of having to call all
200+ band members we had a phone tree.....everybody called like 10 other
ppl...and they in turn called 10 other ppl....and so and and so forth until
everybody was notified.....it works like a charm....and would eliminate
problems like this.......we also had the tree setup so that ppl didn't have
to make long distance calls......

my .02.

~kurth

>On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Jerry Kubeck wrote:
> > I am sorry to say, I have to CANCEL tonights meeting.
>
>   And I am sorry to say that some of us work for a living, don't have the
>opportunity to check our email for cancelations all day long, and wasted a
>considerable amount of time waiting for a meeting that didn't happen.  And no,
>I wasn't the only one.  And yes, I'm in a bad mood.
>
>   Personally, I think if something goes south the *same day* of the meeting,
>the meeting should happen anyway, and we'll find *something* to talk about,
>even if it is only a presentation on how to use the 'logout' command.
>
>   Since I don't want to be *entirely* unproductive in this message... how
>about a volentary register of people's phone number(s), maintained on an
>opt-in basis, so that organizers can provide active notification in the event
>that a similar screw^H^H^H^H^H occurance happens again?  I would be happy to
>maintain such a list and play phone tag for everyone, if for no other reason
>then it would at least ensure I get notified in the future.
>
>--
>Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>| Brooks's Law: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later." |

Kurth Bemis - Network/Systems Administrator, USAExpress.net/Ozone Computer

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth
ICQ - 6624050
Call Sign - N1TYW
PGP key available - http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth/pgp

Fight Weak Encryption!  Donate your wasted CPU cycles to Distributed.net
(http://www.distributed.net)