Today, Benjamin Scott gleaned this insight:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Jerry Kubeck wrote:
> > I am sorry to say, I have to CANCEL tonights meeting.
>
>   And I am sorry to say that some of us work for a living, don't have the
> opportunity to check our email for cancelations all day long, and wasted a
> considerable amount of time waiting for a meeting that didn't happen.  And no,
> I wasn't the only one.  And yes, I'm in a bad mood.
>
>   Personally, I think if something goes south the *same day* of the meeting,
> the meeting should happen anyway, and we'll find *something* to talk about,
> even if it is only a presentation on how to use the 'logout' command.

Or worse case, drink and be merry!  :)

I'm inclined to agree, despite the fact that my job basically involves
reading e-mail all day so there's almost no chance that I could miss such
a cancellation message.  It seems the best way to deal with the problem.

And after all, do we need a specific reason to get together and hang out,
other than that we all like Linux, and like to hang out in bars and share
war stories/thoughts for the day? Or is it just that the talks given at
the meetings are a way to justify this type of behavior to our
friends/spouses/loved ones?

=8^)

--
You know that everytime I try to go where I really want to be,
It's already where I am, cuz I'm already there...