Peter Cavender wrote:

> Hack the source for login.  Not too hard.  I've customized mingetty
> and login on RedHat.  I can help if you need. What distro you running?

Eeuw.  Unfortunately, since /bin/login is one of the main
cracker target files, this will always cause my security
checks to show a false positive because it will not match
the RPM checksums.

Sounds like an opportunity for a configuration option in a
future release of login..

RH 6.2.
--
#ken    P-)}