In a message dated: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:11:01 EST
David Roberts said:

>Right now may mail comes in on a Unix server and love it.  I can
>check my messages from home (pine works wonderfully) and I have
>fetchmail running daemon mode to grab the messages off their system
>(saves them disk space, and me headaches).  If I am forced to run
>Outlook I am afraid I will lose that ability - but then again, I'm
>not up on M$ Email.

You don't need to switch to Outlook for e-mail just to use the
calendar.  At least, I don't *think* you do.  You need to log into
Exchange in order to make changes to the calendar, but that doesn't
mean that you need to send/receive e-mail through that interdace.
So, you could easily set your calendar up and then just forget about
it, other than to make changes.  Using the calendar could easily be
done via a variety of methods:

        - A second PC running Windows
        - If your on a Sun, using a SunPC card

Under Linux:    - Ximian Evolution with Connector
                - Win4Lin
                - VmWare
                - Weeb browser of choice, provided they run OWA on the server

HTH,
--

Seeya,
Paul