On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> Without commenting on the internal politics of your company. Many companies
> have standardized on Microsoft Outlook.
> First, find out exactly what he is talking about.
> If you must run Outlook, I would suggest that you look at Codeweaver's
> crossover office (which is a much improved wine) and install MS Office so
> you can run those tools when necessary. Or you could get a copy of Win4Lin
> or VMWare and run Windows on your Linux box.
> IMHO, the CrossoverOffice solution is the cheapest in terms of $$$ as well
> as system resources. (http://www.codeweavers.com).

I was going to suggest that as well. It does work, though it's not perfect
and can be a little sluggish at times. The other option that might be open
to you is to use a Win2K/NT40 terminal server. FWIW w2k (at least advanced
server) has this built in for 'administrative' functions. I use the Linux
rdesktop client and it works quiet nicely. One thing MS did get right with
this is that you can disconnect w/o ending your session, then reconnect to
it later.

--rdp

--
Rich Payne