The "Availability" feature in Outlook is based on the Scheduling system
that is built into Exchange. There is nothing that you can do other than
run Windoze. Ximian, did, however, just come out with a product called
"Ximian Connector" That will allow you to connect to an Exchange server
if you use the Ximian Evolution mail client
(http://www.ximian.com/products/connector/). However, the Exchange
server *MUST* be Exchange 2000, and it has to have the OWA (outlook Web
Access) module installed and running.

C-Ya,
Kenny

On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 16:55, David Roberts wrote:
> OK, I'm stumped.  I have been running Linux for over 3 years
> here (longer overall, but I've only been here for 3 years, 6
> months, ...) and have run into something I am not sure how
> to fix - guess I'm not up on my Micro$oft tools.  I have
> worked in predominantly Unix environments since leaving the
> VMS world back in '92 so I have had little exposure to the
> new Windoze tools.
>
> I rec'd this today from my manager, and I'm not sure what he
> means, much less how to fix it.  All I know about Outlook is
> it's reputation for attracting viruses so PLEASE don't say I
> have to break down and run NT - I just might have to find a
> new employer...   ;-)

"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0