On Thursday, 26 August 1999, Vincenzo De Florio writes:
> Hi Han-Wen, hi all,
>
> I'm currently trying to compile version 1.2.2 of lilypond on my system.
> I run ./configure and then make. Unfortunately there seems to be a problem:

[snip]

!

> Do you have any idea about what this problem might be

You're missing a (standard c++ header) file!

> and how could be possible to solve it?

Install the package that contains the file.

> Sorry once more for naive questions, as you might
> have argued I'm totally new to Linux

Are you new to c/c++ too?  Anyway, you'll have more problems like this
in the future.  Get/make a list of all files contained in all packages.
A list may be on your cdrom, else (in your binary rpm dir on the cdrom)
do sometthing like:

   for i in *.rpm; do rpm -qip $i >>/tmp/list; rpm -qlp $i >> /tmp/list; done

You'll be able to tell if a missing file is somewhere on your cdrom,
and where.

You need to install c++ development libraries/headers too, which
should be called something like

   libstdc++-devel-x.y.z.i386.rpm

in any case, it should contain iostream.h.

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/