Michael Krause wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jonathan Stimmel wrote:
>
> > I have rh6.0 version 1.2.0 working on my system, but more recent versions
> > have core dumped for me as well. I loaded the core file into gdb and it
> > seems to have died somewhere in the malloc library (in free() or some
> > such, I believe). Haven't tried building a debug version yet, and the
> > machine's at home so I can't offer much more information.
>
> Yeah, funny... my version also failed in libc_free (I remember I sent
> Han-Wen a stack-trace once). This was on RH 6.0, Lilypond
> self-compiled with --enable-optimise and --disable-debugging. After
> recompiling a few more times and deleting /usr/local/share/lilypond,
> it worked again.
>
> Really strange thing. But just like Han-Wen, I don't really feel like
> finding out what causes this :-) It seems a bit too weird..
>
> --
> michael krause [aka raw style / lego] - www.tu-harburg.de/~semk2104/

I've just successfully built lilypond 1.2.2 on my redhat 6.0 Linux
station _and_ afterwards successfully ly2dvi-processed a mudela source
file developed earlier  on a lilypond 1.2.0 win32 installation.

I met one problem during the building of lilypond: in spite of a
successfully installed guile rpm package lilypond's configure script
didn't find guile before I had uninstalled the guile rpm package and
installed guile from the GNU source.

--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus