On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Please guys, which binary are you talking about?  I know that trying
> the RH 6 binary on a RH 5.2 system (or vice versa) doesn't work, so
> don't do that.  I don't feel like finding out what that problem is
> caused by.  It seems like a library incompatibility from the part of
> Red Hat.

I have rh6.0 version 1.2.0 working on my system, but more recent versions
have core dumped for me as well. I loaded the core file into gdb and it
seems to have died somewhere in the malloc library (in free() or some
such, I believe). Haven't tried building a debug version yet, and the
machine's at home so I can't offer much more information.

--

Jonathan Stimmel                    Pager:  415-253-7202
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

1180 Reed Ave #55                    Home:  408-244-5258
Sunnyvale, CA 94086                  Cell:  650-520-4164