On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jonathan Stimmel wrote:

> I have rh6.0 version 1.2.0 working on my system, but more recent versions
> have core dumped for me as well. I loaded the core file into gdb and it
> seems to have died somewhere in the malloc library (in free() or some
> such, I believe). Haven't tried building a debug version yet, and the
> machine's at home so I can't offer much more information.

Yeah, funny... my version also failed in libc_free (I remember I sent
Han-Wen a stack-trace once). This was on RH 6.0, Lilypond
self-compiled with --enable-optimise and --disable-debugging. After
recompiling a few more times and deleting /usr/local/share/lilypond,
it worked again.

Really strange thing. But just like Han-Wen, I don't really feel like
finding out what causes this :-) It seems a bit too weird..

--
michael krause [aka raw style / lego] - www.tu-harburg.de/~semk2104/