I think I figured it out.

1. Issue 1 can be resolved by ensuring that the Vendor has the same
currency as the books, it defaults to USD for some reason.

2. Issue 2 - when creating a new account for vendor, ensure the parent is
select as A/Payable.

Thank you.

Regards,
Yazad


On Thu, Sep 17, 2026 at 10:55 AM Yazad Khambata <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Thank you for creating this vibrant community. Just started using GNUCash
> for by business.
>
> The issue: When building a non-US currency book, I am unable to "Post" a
> Vendor bill.
>
> Steps to recreate:
>
> OS: Ubuntu 26.04.1 LTS.
> GNUCash version: 5.16
>
> 1. If I created the books and selected say CAD (Canadian dollars) as the
> currency during the books in the setup wizard.
>
> 2. Create a Vendor
>
> 3. Create a Job
>
> 4. Create a Bill selecting the vendor and the job.
>
> 5. Add a few sample entries in the bill
>
> 6. Press the Post button.
>
> 7. Observe the issue - the "Post to Account" dropdown which usually auto
> selects "A/Payable" is now empty and nothing to select. See screenshot 1.
>
> 8. Related issue - I tried to press the "New" button next to "Post to
> Account" - there the "Account Type" originally shows "A/Payable" (see
> screenshot 2) but as soon as I select a parent account for the new account
> (irrespective of the currency) the Account Type blanks out with no options
> (see screenshot 3).
>
> 9. Counter example, if during the setup wizard I leave the currency to USD
> I am able to "Post" the bill following the above steps.
>
> Not sure if I am missing something. Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Yazad
>
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to