Yes everything in my books is expected to be in CAD. The issue was despite
choosing CAD as the currency during the book's setup, when I create a new
vendor, it was setting the vendor's default currency to USD. This wasn't
obvious at first since the currency info is on a separate "Payment
Information" tab of the "New Vendor" dialog. Added a screenshot to show
this. My books are for CAD but the new vendor is selecting USD by default
and if this is not corrected, it prevents posting the bills from said
vendor.

Hoping this demonstrates the issue. I am no longer blocked since I
discovered that the currency needed to be fixed with each new vendor I
create.

I am suspecting on possible issue could be that the locale on my system is
US but I am working on books for Canada. Which is why I feel despite me
setting the default currency as USD the Vendor flow is not respecting the
choice and probably defaulting to the system locale. This is just a hunch.

Regards,
Yazad


On Sat, Sep 19, 2026 at 5:03 AM Wm Tarr <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2026-09-17 19:39, Yazad Khambata wrote:
> > I think I figured it out.
> >
> > 1. Issue 1 can be resolved by ensuring that the Vendor has the same
> > currency as the books, it defaults to USD for some reason.
> Edit / Pref / Accounts sets the default currency for a book.
> > 2. Issue 2 - when creating a new account for vendor, ensure the parent is
> > select as A/Payable.
>
> IIRC you need an A/Payable for each currency.
>
> I'm still not quite clear if you have a default currency issue or not.
> Is everything in one currency or are you using both CAD and USD ?
>
> Wm
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [email protected]
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to