On Wed, 23 Sep 2026 10:43:41 -0700
Yazad Khambata <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes everything in my books is expected to be in CAD. The issue was
> despite choosing CAD as the currency during the book's setup, when I
> create a new vendor, it was setting the vendor's default currency to
> USD. This wasn't obvious at first since the currency info is on a
> separate "Payment Information" tab of the "New Vendor" dialog. Added
> a screenshot to show this. My books are for CAD but the new vendor is
> selecting USD by default and if this is not corrected, it prevents
> posting the bills from said vendor.
> 
> Hoping this demonstrates the issue. I am no longer blocked since I
> discovered that the currency needed to be fixed with each new vendor I
> create.
> 
> I am suspecting on possible issue could be that the locale on my
> system is US but I am working on books for Canada. Which is why I
> feel despite me setting the default currency as USD the Vendor flow
> is not respecting the choice and probably defaulting to the system
> locale. This is just a hunch.
> 
> Regards,
> Yazad

My computer locale is AU. My Gnucash install is in AU.
I created a new book for a new entity and then I had a new customer created in 
USD.
All my dealings are in AUD, and I couldn't make an invoice.

Liz
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to