Landowning patterns seem to change in different parts of the state,
especially those in which comunidades ceased to exist, or are virtually
extinct. The connection between politics and landholding in post-1961 Goan
politics also doesn't seem to have been adequately studied. Also, I often
wonder whether some properties of extinguished religious Orders ended up in
private hands in parts of Goa? Just random thoughts to unanswered questions
in my mind.... FN