I found it difficult to begin with land-owning families and then go
over to the labour in the field from 1988-1997. There have been many
political interventions in land-owning in Goa as far as I have worked
on it. I continued this in Kanara in researching the migrant
possession of land and their labour. Even that was difficult because
the British and Indian governments changed land relations. There is a
lot to research here.
Willam Robert Da Silva