Dear all,

It was not my purpose to start a debate about commercial vs non commercial OA
journals, I just wanted to  point out that the meaning of OA is not the same
for
different communities and different areas in the world, while in Europe,
Australia or USA,  institutional repositories are the  main route to reach OA,
in other zones like LAC countries the meaning of OA is related mainly to free
access to journals,  and it is the most understood road to OA, however IRs
implementation begins to be a collaborative and regional goal that it is going
to to be greatly supported by  different kind of institutions and
organisations.
It is my impression, after being working with those countries in OA issues
during last 2 years under  the umbrella of NECOBELAC project
Good morning
Reme

--
Reme Melero