Hi Arthur,

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. The statement I was
responding to was that gold includes everything you need to audit
against (UK) funder compliance and "the same can not be said for Green".

I have no wish to debate the merits of gold vs. green, beyond pointing
out that publisher-provided open access is no easier to audit than
institution-provided open access. Indeed, if institutions are doing the
reporting (as they will in the UK) an OA copy in the repository is
easier to report on than a copy held only at the publisher.

I don't know where Graham got the idea that gold will make auditing
easier. Whether the publisher provides an OA copy or the author, all the
points you make apply equally.

--
All the best,
Tim.