You still haven't provided any argument why generics is indispensable.

The reason why I am no longer sure about my position in this issue is because
-while I agree that generics is useful- I don't think that generics is
essential. In fact, all of C++ features are useful and implemented in a very
efficient manner, but take a look what happened when you slab that many
features together. If you can do away with less, I think you should go for
less. The trouble is deprecating language features is a lot harder than
deprecating APIs in the standard library, while programming fads come and go.