On Tuesday, 21 June 2016 17:18:04 UTC+3, andrew...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> increase in cognitive load to decipher chains of type definitions.
>
> Sorry, but who are members of this mail lists?
> This is a first time when I hear about such loads such as the `cognitive
> load`.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vrAy9gMpMoS3uaVphB32uVXX4pi-HnNjkMEgyAHX4N4

Also I am possible here a single person who does not know anything about
> the `cognitive load to decipher chains of type definitions`.

See http://www.boost.org/, although it is at the very far end of the
spectrum (for example Dijkstra algorithm
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/boost/graph/dijkstra_shortest_paths.hpp>).

Or, examples in "Modern C++ Design Generic Programming".

Or if I take the trivial example and write some facilitated code *(I know
that concurrent map API wouldn't look like that)*:

package conc

type Map<K,V> struct {
  Entries []Entry<K,V>
}
type Entry<K, V> struct {
  Key K
  Value V
}

package main

func PrintItems<T>(m conc.Map<Person, T>, format func(T)string) {
  var entry conc.Entry<Person, T>
  for m.Next(&entry) {
    fmt.Println(entry.Key.Name, format(entry.Value))

func main() {
  m := conc.NewMap<Person, string>()
  PrintItems<string>(m, func(x string) string { return x })
}

And I'm not doing anything complicated, yet. This approach doesn't properly
isolate the generic parts and you get code that is completely mixed with it.

I am mostly business man and a programmer just for my own requirements.
> I love to implements parsers, code generators, some effective algorithms
> for solving some problem at the most effective time.
> Also my work includes a diagnose the failures and locate them.
> And I want to apologize for my illiteracy (thick-headed), but I do not
> really was expecting that all members of this mail list worry mostly about
> the ` increase in cognitive load to decipher chains of type definitions`
> and don't worry about other things.
> I am sorry.

https://github.com/golang/proposal/blob/master/design/15292-generics.md

Here are some official proposals that were unfit:

*
https://github.com/golang/proposal/blob/master/design/15292/2010-06-type-functions.md
* https://github.com/golang/proposal/blob/master/design/15292/2011-03-gen.md
* https://github.com/golang/proposal/blob/master/design/15292/2013-10-gen.md