>> And my point is and was: It doesn't *need* to be both type safe *and*
reusable, unless you are focusing your energy on writing frameworks or
treating type safety as a goal solely for it's own sake.

It does NEED to be BOTH type safe and reusable.

1. Type safety prevent the programmers to make errors.
2. Reusabilty prevent the programmers to implement the same functionality
again and again and again and again and again and again...

*Code reuse*, also called *software reuse*, is the use of existing software
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software>, or software knowledge, to build
new software, following the reusability principles
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reusability>.

Reusability
In computer science <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_science> and
software
engineering <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_engineering>,
*reusability* is the use of existing assets in some form within the
software product development process.

Candidate design features for software reuse include:

   - Adaptable <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptability>
   - Brief: small size
   - Consistency <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consistency>
   - Correctness
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correctness_(computer_science)>
   - Extensibility <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensibility>
   - Fast <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed>
   - Flexible
   - Generic <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_programming>
   - Localization of volatile (changeable

<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Changeable_design&action=edit&redlink=1>)

   design assumptions (David Parnas
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Parnas>)
   - Modularity <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modularity_(programming)>
   - Orthogonality <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthogonality>
   - Parameterization <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parameterization>
   - Simple: low complexity
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complexity_(disambiguation)>
   - Stability <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stability_Model> under
   changing requirements <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requirements>

P.S.

We continue the discussion about the dangers of `to be both type safe *and*
reusable`?

Me and most of us MUST focusing our energy on writing high quailty and
reusable software.
If someone doesn't agree I will not retort.
Want write software only for himself? Not a problem, your energy are your
energy.