You are not bringing anything new to the table here, except the attempt to
insult my intelligence, apparently.

There are huge software projects out there written in languages that are
less type safe than go and the vast majority of code written is not
reusable. Both also aren't absolutes. There is no binary "type safe or not
type safe" and no "reusable or not reusable". There are only more or less
expressive type systems and there are only pieces of code that are easier
or harder to reuse. Every language finds their own tradeoff for them and
every programmer must find their own preferences for the tradeoffs they
require. go is explicitly designed as an engineering language and the
defining characteristic of engineering is the acknowledgment of tradeoffs.
So, without acknowledging that this needs to be a tradeoff, there really is
not much point in talking about how to improve go. If someone prefers the
extreme, might I suggest agda instead of go? I don't know of a more type
safe language out there.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM, <andrew.mez...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We continue the discussion about the dangers of `to be both type safe
> *and* reusable`?

That is not what I was saying. I was talking about the dangers of generics
for producing clear and readable code. That is not an issue with being
both, it's an issue with generics. "It needs to be both" just isn't a very
good argument in favor of them.

> Me and most of us MUST focusing our energy on writing high quailty and
> reusable software.

Instead, we seem to focus your energy on debating whether we need to add
generics to go or not. There are people out there writing high quality and
reusable software *right now*, both in go and not in go. Coincidentally,
that's what I'm going to do now too.

> Want write software only for himself? Not a problem, your energy are your
> energy.

I get paid to write and maintain large software in large teams, in many
languages falling into very different spots on the scale of type safety and
re-usability and my opinions are informed by that. You shouldn't presume
that people disagree with you because they know less.