I have received a very insulting and distressing e-mail from Sarah
Adams, who claims to represent the The Go Code of Conduct Team, an
illicit bully organization who claims authority about what Go
contributors think and say outside the Go mailing lists. I do not
recognize this group's legitimacy in these matters.

The e-mail says:

We received a report about your comment on this thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/golang/comments/57w79c/why_you_really_should_stop_using_iris/d8wdynd
:
"Their English was so bad I couldn't understand what was
going on".

This comment goes against our community Code of Conduct,
https://golang.org/conduct. The comment is not respectful,
and would have been more productive just as, "I couldn't
understand what was going on".

Please consider this a warning from the Code of Conduct
working group.

Some more context is necessary. There is someone in the Go community
who literally steals other people's code, receives money for it,
and actively tries to covers his tracks.

A person named Florin Pățan provided an overview:

[1]
http://www.florinpatan.ro/2016/10/why-you-should-not-use-iris-for-your-go.html

which has been discussed on reddit:

[2]
https://www.reddit.com/r/golang/comments/57tmp1/why_you_should_not_use_iris_for_your_go_projects
.

Reddit also discussed this thief's action in another thread:

[3]
https://www.reddit.com/r/golang/comments/57w79c/why_you_really_should_stop_using_iris/

I have archived these documents here:

[1] http://archive.is/9oN1A
[2] http://archive.is/Q36G5
[3] http://archive.is/aSFUg

The comment in question refers to this GitHub issue, also archived:

[4] https://github.com/avelino/awesome-go/pull/1137
[4] http://archive.is/7xgc7

Now take a look at what I said, and what Sarah Adams in her
infinite arrogance suggests I should have said:

Aram: Their English was so bad I couldn't understand what
     was going on

Sarah: I couldn't understand what was going on

If you compare these two phrases: you can see that the problem Sarah
Adams has is with "their English was so bad".

In other words, Sarah's problem is with speaking the objective
*TRUTH*.

Whether someone speaks good or bad English is an objective fact
easily determined by anyone who speaks English at some level of
proficiency. I encourage all English speakers to take a look at [4]
and do an individual assessment of the level of proficiency in English
those sock puppets possess.

I will not be policed around for telling the *TRUTH*. I will not
be silenced into political compliance. I will not tolerate other
people who tell me what is acceptable to say, especially when these
people only want to hide the *OBJECTIVE TRUTH*.

The comment is not respectful

Damn right it wasn't. You or your organization has no authority
mandating how respectful my speech is. What level of arrogance.

However, it was not disrespectful. It was an objective assessment
of an *infractor's* level of English competence.

I owe nobody respect. Certainly not someone who breaks the law and
steals other people's intellectual property. Respect is earned.

and would have been more productive just as

Ah, yes, here you can see in action the new-age practice of corporate
double speak applied to open source projects. This is not Google.
You are not fooling me or anyone else who still has a grain of
independent thought left.

This is a pathetic and disgusting attempt of silencing independent
contributors who still refuse to kneel after your coup d'état in
which you managed to replace the Go technical governance with a
thought police political organization vassal to Google.

In some sense, you have succeeded. I will never yield to you, you
can never silence me, but you certainly made me realise that my
association with the Go project is a mistake and a liability. I do
not want to be associated with your organization, even accidentally.
When I contribute to Go, I only make you people stronger. In fact,
this is your modus operandi; you rely on people who do the actual
technical work (either as part of the Go team, or as contributors)
in order to gain more support for your cause. To gain legitimacy.
To claim authority.

I cannot remove the code I have contributed to the Go project over
the years, but I can certainly stop contributing as an individual
in the future. I will make sure, best of my ability, that any
competent individual or organization who is evaluating Go is made
aware of who is actually pulling the strings here, and what they
are getting into.

Stalking people online for thought crimes! This is what the Go
project has succumbed to! And newcomers need to be aware of that.

You are luring people with technical arguments and weed them with
political correctness. Your propaganda machine is strong, but not
infallible. Just like all good propaganda, you rely on a majority
of true facts to hide you agenda and falsehoods. Yes, your technical
preaching is truthful, and that is the best disguise for your dark
agenda of manipulation, control and deceit.

But you are not fooling everyone, you are not fooling me. I will
not be controlled by a neo-puritan organization.

If there's anyone left who still has the power and courage to say
no to these bullies, consider who you should prosecute:

1) a thief who makes money from stolen intellectual
  property
2) someone who realized the thief's command of the
  English language is so poor, he cannot be understood.

Thank you.

PS: I suspect it's the thief himself who reported me to your
organization, and because your extrajudicial court works so well,
you have managed to sentence the wrong person.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu
  Go contributor