Perhaps I was too broad in saying 'entirely public and transparent'.  I did
not mean to suggest that *reporters* should be made public.

That being said, I don't agree that a moderator post pointing out
violations is a form of shaming (if that is what you meant).  Additionally,
it communicates the point to everyone at once, rather than addressing
individuals on a case by case basis.

| We should know what is a violation by reading the code of conduct.
*Should*? Ok. What about when we don't? It sounds like you are working from
an assumption that the CoC is infallible and completely unambiguous.  I
agree that is something to strive for.  We must be allowed to have public
discourse regarding it's interpretation. *Especially* when dealing with
non-native English speakers.