I don't think it is useful to quibble over the definition of "ignore". When
I said it is demonstrably false that arguments have been ignored, I was
assuming what I perceive to be the common definition: "refuse to take
notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally. fail to consider
(something significant)". Under this definition, that statement implies
that arguments have not been given consideration, which would be false.
They have been *considered*, they just where not actually followed.

If the statement was made using a different definition, that is fine - at
least we've gotten that clarification, then. I just did not want there to
be any misunderstandings about what actually happened. I didn't want to
start a debate about the English language.