On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 4:43 PM 'Axel Wagner' via golang-nuts
<golang-nuts@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> I don't think it is useful to quibble over the definition of "ignore". When I
> said it is demonstrably false that arguments have been ignored, I was
> assuming what I perceive to be the common definition: "refuse to take notice
> of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally. fail to consider (something
> significant)". Under this definition, that statement implies that arguments
> have not been given consideration, which would be false. They have been
> considered, they just where not actually followed.
>
> If the statement was made using a different definition, that is fine - at
> least we've gotten that clarification, then. I just did not want there to be
> any misunderstandings about what actually happened. I didn't want to start a
> debate about the English language.

I believe we are using the very same definition. What I'm failing at
is to explain the context.

I may invest in bitcoins, let's say.

One thing/opinion is that it may bring profit. The other is that I may
lose my money. When I decide to buy bitcoins as well if I decide to do
the opposite, I'm from that moment ignoring one of those opinions
because the decision has been made. I cannot keep considering both the
conflicting opinions. I _must_ from now on ignore one of them. Failing
to do that means no decision can be made.

Only the future can tell if that was a wise choice or not. And that's
exactly the same about Go and generics.