Andrew Badera wrote:
> Why do you need to delete all posts? Couldn't you just kill the parent
> itself, and leave the other entities orphaned in limbo, never to be
> retrieved again?

I'd just mark the thread as "hidden", so it wouldn't show up for
ordinary users, but it would still be visable by moderators and
admins.  That way the thread can be unhidden if "deleted" by accident
or inappropriately.

If space becomes an issue then I'd delete the oldest messages with a
daily "cron job".  Assuming that is, some sort cron-like functionality
gets added some time before then.

                              Ross Ridge