The lack of any long running server side process also precludes doing
any real time MMOGs.  With many turn based web based MMOGs there is no
way to partition the game state into entities such that executing all
player commands only requires updating entities in one entity group
during the execution of the command, so its necessary to implement a
cross-entity group transaction layer on top of the GAE datastore, but
its currently unclear to me that this can actually be done while
staying under GAEs quotas.