The problem with built-in djangoforms and templates is that they are
from Django 0.96. Django 1.0 has a lot of new useful functionality, it
really worth the trouble installing it with your app.

Another advantage of Django is that it allows to implement custom user
authentication, this is especially easy with app-engine-patch. This
was actually the reason I migrated my project from webapp to Django.

Other than that, webapp is a very lightweight yet flexible framework.
If it works for your project, by all means - use it!

--
www.muspy.com