Hi,

On 20 Dez., 23:15, Bobby <bobbysoa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The MVC, self-contained, DRY approach offered by Django is what really
> sells it for me at this point (even with the reduced feature set on
> the AppEngine). I saw this great video from DjangoCon that really
> outlines this strength of
> Django:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-S0tqpPga4&feature=channel_page
>
> This promotes really good app design. There's alot of docs to go
> through to get Django running on the AppEngine (in particular if
> you're getting started with both), but once you have a couple of apps
> running then it's a breeze, i recommend it.

Exactly! Everyone should watch that video to get the basic principles
of good code design right. This applies to every framework, but not
all of them make it easy.

Also, with app-engine-patch we try to take this a few steps further
(in our next release):
http://code.google.com/p/app-engine-patch/wiki/SelfContainedApps

Finally, the question is not *if* we'll have the admin interface, but
*when*. The same goes for most other Django features. Make sure you
*really* don't need them.

Of course, if we get more help from the App Engine community we can
get the rest of Django ported much faster. Even just a little one-time
contribution would be *very* helpful.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald