The MVC, self-contained, DRY approach offered by Django is what really
sells it for me at this point (even with the reduced feature set on
the AppEngine). I saw this great video from DjangoCon that really
outlines this strength of Django:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-S0tqpPga4&feature=channel_page

This promotes really good app design. There's alot of docs to go
through to get Django running on the AppEngine (in particular if
you're getting started with both), but once you have a couple of apps
running then it's a breeze, i recommend it.

Bobby