> Feel free to hair-split the word "obligation".

It's the plain meaning of the word.  I apologise for not knowing that
you didn't know what it meant when you wrote that Google had an
obligation to make GAE available in China.  Are there other statements
that you made without understanding their meaning?

China availability issue is one of the few issues where folks claim
that/act like Google has an obligation even though it's an issue where
Google has very little capability to change things.

> That's why I want to hear from a Google representative on their plan.

I predict that if Google says anything, it will be roughly equivalent
to "we're doing what we can".  At that point, you'll have to decide if
the results, which will vary with the whim of the Chinese govt, are
adequate for your purposes.

Of course, if you're better at dealing with the Chinese govt than
Google is....

> Now just accept that fact and act accordingly.

And the basis for this order is...