Hi all,

As many of you have noticed, App Engine has been experiencing elevated
datastore latency and error rates and we switched into an unplanned
maintenance mode. The notice was originally posted to the downtime
notify group, please follow this thread for details and suggestions on
handling the capability disabled exceptions:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-downtime-notify/browse_thread/thread/f7596d1d0bd0f0f9

Apologies all, I know this is frustrating for all of you and for us.
We normally post these notices just to the downtime notify group, but
in this case I've seen several threads on the topic.

Thank you,

Jeff