On Mar 4, 12:48 pm, Jeff Schwartz <jefftschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HR is obviously the chosen path and to ignore that is, well, foolish.

I think this is part of the problem too. Until today, I was never
aware there was a path to choose. Master/Slave always there, and
worked fine (at least from my perspective). HR was introduced as an
alternative, for people with "Mission Critical" needs. That is how it
was introduced, as an alternative, not as a replacement.

Then suddenly it's "Master slave = bad" out of left field. It's
understandable people may be shocked/confused.  Until today I never
understood HR to be the "new, better way".

But now that I've been awakened to the writing on the wall for Master/
Slave, I guess I'll have to start looking at HR more seriously.