On Friday, March 4, 2011 11:06:33 AM UTC-8, Ikai L (Google) wrote:

> As far as eventual consistency goes, our users that are on high replication
> have not seen any issues. If we weren't always fussing about transparency,
> we would probably have been able to not even bring it up, and it's unlikely
> anyone would have noticed - we just figured it'd make more sense to
> communicate it, though now we are seeing that users are overreacting a bit.

Just want to say that forums tend to give a stronger voice to vocal and
angry people. So your assessment that users are overreacting may be biased.
I, for one, would never trade Google's transparency for some form of
preemptive damage control.

Forums posts could really use a "thumb up" feature to give a voice to the
great silent minority.