On 22 May 2011 13:34, Anders <blabl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So over time the prices should go down

That's what I was thinking just before Google announced they're jacking the
prices up ;-)

It seems that now there's going to be no free scaling, as the new pricing
only includes 24hours of CPU time, which leaves no room for additional
instances without charge. I've been a huge fan of App Engine for a number of
years, but as a .NET developer, I was only really "tolerating" the use of
Python because the APIs, easy scaling and pricing was so great. Now the
pricing has moved more inline with other services (Azure, EC2) and new
services are cropping up that offer similar things (including free quotas)
for .NET (like AppHarbor), App Engine has really lost it's edge :o(