On 22 May 2011 16:38, Anders <blabl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'm most confused about in the new GAE price model is how much CPU
> time each instance is given. For example if 20 instances are sharing the
> same CPU in a GAE server simultaneously, does that mean that each instance
> will only be given 1/20 of the CPU yet still be billed full price?!

That's a good question. I presume the hardware has enough CPU power that it
could handle instance "maxing out" a "standard CPU". However maybe that's a
silly assumption. If in reality, your CPU usage could be quashed by other
instances on the same hardware and you're still charged for an hour, then
the price increase is even more of a rip-off. Would be interested to know
the answer to this, so I can update my blog
post<http://blog.dantup.com/2011/05/google-app-engine-price-increases-bad-for-small-apps-and-no-more-free-scaling-o>!
:O(