Hello Takashi,

Is there a way to set a deadline for memcache? Does the pattern:

get from cache:
  if not there, get from datastore:
    store in cache

.. in a scenario where the memcache is down and the timeout to see that it
is down will degrade the app performance instead of make it better?

As we can see on the status dashboard, there was a huge increase in
memcache and datastore latency:

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-GdRSS0CDCtM/T6mAOddnAHI/AAAAAAAAADo/4AyLDR-23hQ/s1600/Captura_de_tela-1.png>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9WfMfqlOeGs/T6mAK0LOLjI/AAAAAAAAADg/sb0pN-TdiuM/s1600/Captura_de_tela.png>