Hi All,

I've been reading, initially with amusement but more recently with concern,
the "dialogue" (for want of a better word) between Brandom Wirtz and Jeff
Schnitzer re. startup time/optimisation. Brandom has now made
the following very strong statement: "NO FRAMEWORKS. NONE. Deal with it."

This leads me to ask the Google team for their position on this: Is it your
position that GAE is an unsuitable platform for framework-driven apps?

I'm using a framework, and trust the framework's authors to optimise their
part of the piece as much as possible, but I'm paid to solve business
problems, and am not about to dive into that timesink of esoterica. It's
outside my skill-set, and properly so in my view. I've only really tinkered
with GAE so far, and this is putting me off investing more time in what is
starting to look like a risky platform for me.

So Google peeps, if I want to write B2B apps using a framework, am I your
market or not?

Or is it your position that the low-level optimisation to balance start-up
time and hosting cost will always be required?

--

Cheers,

PhilK