In an argument we often polarize beyond what is entirely true.

Libraries. More than Frameworks are "OK"
Some Frameworks are closer to libraries, and some Libraries are closer to
frameworks.

You should always look at what your frame work gets you and what it costs
you.  Putting a timer before your load of the framework is a good way to
make that judgment.

Sometimes it means stripping out everything you aren't using from a frame
work.

Other times it means using the framework as a stop gap until you can replace
it with your own code.

And sometimes it means doing the optimizations yourself.

I am working on a project that uses the Python Natural Language Tool Kit.
That doesn't even Fit in an F4 instance.  Just loading the NLTK times out
and never does anything. So I stripped it down to just the parts I needed,
and then optimized how it uses memory.  That is a Sucky way to spend 2
weeks. BUT I didn't have to write my own Sentence and parts of speech parser
which would have been a sucky way to spend 9 months.