And yet as Greg pointed out, GAE usage is unaffected by the Google Apps
changes.  You can still create a 1-user free Google Apps system.  So
complaining here about 1 user vs 10 users vs 50 users is not productive -
I'm willing to bet that nobody on the GAE team has any input into the
pricing strategy for Google Apps.

The real problem is that calling a product "Google Apps" is stupid.  I just
had a client ask me "did you see that there will no longer be a free tier
for app engine?".  Google's product names are confusing.  Ranting to the
wrong people on this list is not helping matters.

If ranting here because it's "the same company" is appropriate, just wait
until the search and gmail users find us...

Jeff