It seems that visiting the following URL:
https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/standard/new3?refererName=AppEngine allows
you to create Free Google Apps account with ONE user per domain (no matter
if you use AppEngine or not). This is seems perfectly acceptable and fair
to me (provided that this is not dsome sort of glith to be patched). If you
need to have different e-mails for single domain, that's not a problem
because you may use Catch-All address and GMail filters to sort these
and/or forward them elsewhere.

Again, if this is supposed to be a permanent solution, I am OK with it. If
I need more than one physical account per domain then I will pay for those.