On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Frank <frank.wyna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe you are being over-pessimistic.
>
> In my company we are using GWT since 2006 and we have build pretty large and
> complicated web-apps using GWT. Some webapps created in 2006 (using GWT 1.2)
> are still being used today without any problem on any modern browser.
> Normally old stuff keeps working in modern browsers. We do upgrade old
> projects to new versions of GWT if an old project needs a big update, but we
> have never updated any of our apps because it stopped working on new
> browsers.
>
> Also note that GWT is opensource (today you can download the complete
> source-code, and compile it no problem).

My 2 cents:
1st cent: GWT works for us like a charm for many years in really large
dev teams and in projects used by millions daily. So I am totally sure
that GWT is great and super-stable. It's not a toy but a really
productive and working thing.
2nd cent: I also find it a bit strange that Google does not say more
about GWT. But on the other hand it's open source and if you follow
the contributors list you get a good feeling that a lot is going on.

Cheers,

Raphael
(btw. @ GWT devs: Great job. I enjoy using GWT each day...).