> > ???Not that long ago we went via tsunami ???of IDR on and offline emails
> when
> > discussing large communities which contained  "operators" voice stating
> > *NO* to any well known or predefined meaning to the communities nor
> > welcomed any predefined actions associated with the communities.
>
> You're taking this out of context.  We disagreed to having a fixed format
> and fixed rules what to do with large communities.

​Large communities have fixed format. There is no TLV there. ​Which
proposal was more of fixed format then large comms ???

​And no proposal suggested only fixed rules. Wide Communities supported TLV
and local rules exactly as you would do with current large comms. Also they
proposed in parallel to full operator's flexibility set of well known
values as documented here:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-registered-wide-bgp-communities-02

Thx,
R.