On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 07:09:48PM +0800, Andy Stewart wrote:
> > So for now come new modifications to gio attached to this mail.
> > Let me know if you prefer one whole patch or something else.
> Thanks for patches, i have apply those patches except modified for
> fileEnumeratorNextFile
>
> >From GTK+ document, it's should use wrapNewGObject unref FileInfo, but i
> got "Segmentation fault" in demo/FileManager.hs after i apply this
> patch.

First a good news: I can compile it too.
Then a bad news: I can't understand why the application segfaults.

I've checked the behaviour in C where GtkFile/GtkFileInfo objects
can be unref'ed withtout any problems, so the documentation was
fine. I suspect the problem to be in the use of both
"unsafePerformIO" and "wrapNewGObject" many times in
gio/System/GIO/File/File.chs.

It seems strange to me that we use unsafePerformIO on the Glib
objects ... but honestly I don't really know, it's perhaps due to
another thing.

Attached is another example causing segfault, which does not use
fileEnumeratorNextFile.

The best option should be to remove all the patches to GIO and wait
until someone figure out the issue.

    darcs log --matches='date "last week" && name ./gio/System/'

sorry for the annoyance,
/John