Hi all:

First and foremost, let me welcome back Hal to the GURPSnet.  We would all be 
most fortunate if his return is at least semi-permanant.  Missed you, dude!

Ironically, my question for today is not TL3-4, but TL9-11.

I just bought G:Traveller 4e.  I have *never* looked at Traveller before, 
whether in its original incarnation or the G:3e version.  The 4e book *implies* 
that Traveller 3e is based on a timeframe *after* the 4e books.  The 4e books 
discuss the 9 or so Interstellar Wars that transformed humans from pesky early 
space colonizers to galactic dominance vis-a-vis the Vilani Empire.  

I've noticed that Onno and others have been putting out tons of Traveller 
vehicles, and they seem to be TL9-10, which I know is 3e.  In Traveller 4e, the 
TL is 9-11 (4e).  

Can someone confirm that Traveller 3e is set up primarily is the post Terran 
Confederation dominance era?  If so, can one speculate the equivalent TL in 4e 
terms?  I.e. what is the technology level in the various fields like?

-vk
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to