Eric Funk wrote:
>> I'd be willing to up that thrust-to-mass ratio somewhat; but I'm not
>> comfortable with routine interplanetary travel being measured in hours.
>
>
> Then perhaps apply some sort of cosmic drag coefficient, with, say a warp
> multiplier of
>
>
> 1/(100 - AU from sun)    with a minimum of x1
>
>  to the thrust ratio while in the solar system. At this point it's not
> pretty, but it could work as an approximation.

If I have accelerations that let me travel a parsec in a month, then I
have enough acceleration to go anywhere in the galaxy in 20 years.
Barring navigational hazards, of course: there may be a practical top
speed based on the density of the interstellar medium - if you go too
fast, even that near-vacuum will be too much to handle.

-- 
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to